Strike Out Stroke will be officially launched on Monday, 29 October at a special function at Kew Primary School attended by Federal and State Ministers and Members of Parliament and community leaders.
Parke Lawyers is a proud sponsor of Strike Out Stroke providing legal services free to this organisation that is made up entirely of volunteers.
Strike Out Stroke is a national campaign fighting to reduce the prevalence of strokes in communities.
The organisation’s goal is to ensure that those affected by a stroke receive timely treatment by raising the awareness of the B.E. F.A.S.T checklist:
- Balance – Is there a loss of balance?
- Eyes – Is there a change in vision in one or both eyes?
- Face – Is one side of the face drooping? Is it difficult to smile?
- Arms – Is there weakness in one arm?
- Speech – Is speech difficult to understand or slurred?
- Time – BE FAST – If you notice these symptoms call 000
Statistics show that one in six Australians will experience a stroke; 30 per cent of strokes occur in people under the age of 60; 64 per cent of Australians experiencing a stroke do not arrive at an appropriate care facility in time for critical treatment; 80 per cent of ischemic strokes (clots) are preventable.
All money raised goes to the Strike Out Stroke Fund and distributed to organisations, universities and hospitals working to prevent strokes and treat survivors.
For more information about Strike Out Stroke visit www.strikeoutstroke.org.au