At Parke Lawyers we specialise in immigration law and our immigration lawyers know how to handle all your immigration and visa applications and can advise you on the requirements, and your rights and responsibilities.

Partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents may apply to stay permanently in Australia. To qualify as a partner, you have to be:

  • married partners
  • people intending to get married
  • de facto partners
  • interdependent partners

There is a range of documentation that you should be aware of when applying. Particular emphasis is placed on applicants being able to prove their relationship is genuine.

Our experienced and knowledgeable Australian immigration lawyers can assist you with all the paperwork and requirements.

The types of visas that are available include:

Spouse Temporary Visa (Subclass 309/820) and Permanent Visa (Subclass 100/801)

This is for people from overseas to enter and stay in Australia with their partner, who must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If the spousal relationship is ongoing for at least two years after you apply, a permanent visa may be granted. This visa can also be applied for inside Australia if the applicant meets the requirements for lodging in Australia.

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) (outside Australia only)

This is for people from overseas to enter Australia, marry their fiancé, who must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Once married, holders of this visa can then apply for a Subclass 820 Visa. A couple must marry within 9 months of entering Australia either inside or outside Australia.

For more information on immigration law, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experienced lawyers.

Contact Us

Make an enquiry
Call 134 134

Team Members

Need Help? Contact Us.

Make an enquiry or request a call back

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
We also welcome your enquiries by phone, direct email or visiting one of our offices.
Phone 134 134
Locate Us