Every business has intellectual property (IP), whether in the form of a patent, a trademark, know how, confidential information, a registered design, a process for doing business, innovative software, business documents, plant species, artistic creations or graphics requiring protection.
The effective protection of IP is critical to maintaining and expanding market share. This is why you need expert legal advice and representation. Parke Lawyers has experienced intellectual property lawyers based in Melbourne who can advise you on:
- the legal considerations in the selection and protection of intellectual property, including company names, brand names, slogans and trade marks
- all types of IP registration, enforcement of rights, disputes and litigation
- protection of IP in multimedia and social media contexts
- allegations of IP infringments
- due diligence, acquisition, commercialisation, licensing and sale of IP assets
- registration and management of domain names
- the .au Dispute Resolution Policy and complaints to .auDA in respect of Australian domain names
- IP audits
- IP portfolio management and reporting
- development of IP policies
- protection of IP through employment agreements and commercial agreements
Copyright awareness is important to any overall IP and business strategy and it protects original works such as literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and is governed in Australia primarily by the Copyright Act 1968. At Parke Lawyers our intellectual property lawyers have extensive experience in implementing copyright strategies for businesses and can tailor a solution to meet your needs.
Our intellectual property lawyers can assist with comprehensive research advice and representation in relation to auDA policies (which govern .au domains) and can provide assistance in dispute proceedings with respect to abusive registrations of domain names, such as cyber squatting.
From brand development and liaison with graphic designers, conducting trade mark registration and clearance searches, drafting, filing and managing applications through to registration, our lawyers work with you and your service providers to advise on the effective management of your brand. We are also able to assist you in protecting your brand overseas. We can provide you with an all-round service to manage and protect your intellectual property.
For more information about intellectual property law, please contact us.