Can I apply for a visa from overseas?

Yes, you can. At Parke Lawyers we have assisted many overseas clients and we have the expertise and understanding of how to process your application from overseas.

How do I apply for a visa?

To apply for a visa you’ll need to complete various forms and submit supporting documentation. The forms will depend on the type of visa you are applying for.

How long is my initial Permanent Residence (PR) visa valid for?

The visa provides a return facility which enables you to travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of 5 years from the date of granting of the visa.

Can I travel while I have a PR visa?

Yes you may travel in and out of Australia as you like.

When can I apply for Australian Citizenship?

To qualify for Australian citizenship, you will require four years’ lawful residence in Australia immediately prior to making an application for Australian citizenship with at least 12 months as a permanent resident. If you’ve spent time as a student in Australia it will count towards the four years.

Do I have any rights as a permanent resident of Australia?

Yes, you do have rights, including:

  • You can live in Australia indefinitely;
  • You may work without restriction;
  • You may study in Australia;
  • You may obtain a Medicare Card;
  • You can qualify for social security benefits

Can I bring my family with me to Australia?

For most visas, your dependents can move with you provided that they can meet certain requirements. Whether a dependent can work or not is dictated by the conditions of the visa.

Contact Us

Make an enquiry
Call 134 134

Team Members

Need Help? Contact Us.

Make an enquiry or request a call back

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
We also welcome your enquiries by phone, direct email or visiting one of our offices.
Phone 134 134
Locate Us