BCom LLB(Hons) MLegPrac CPA
Robert has considerable acumen in commercial and accounting matters and is involved in a number of complex financial issues in the Supreme Court of Victoria. He is a dedicated lawyer offering businesses and individuals expert advice and advocacy in the areas of property, commercial and estate litigation. Robert is currently completing his Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) professional qualification.
Working with start-ups and small to medium enterprises, Robert has a prudent approach to resolving legal issues faced by clients involving commercial disputes, business sales, capital raising, shareholder agreements, company constitutions, company restructuring, intellectual property protection, corporate governance and risk management.
As a lawyer of the Supreme Court and a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, his additional commerce and accounting background underpin his understanding in providing quality, commercially-practical solutions and cost-effective legal advice.
Significant transactions include:
- Advising a “start-up” Crypto Currency exchange on capital raising techniques, asset protection business structures and procurement of contracts;
- Representation and advice on the sale of a wholesale telecommunications company to an ASX listed corporation;
- Advised on legislative compliance for an emissions trading organisations and its obligations to the Clean Energy Regulator;
- Advised a national telecommunications company on its compulsory installation powers under the Telecommunications Act 1997; and
- Represented and advised a director and shareholder of a national construction company on an exit strategy, including the sale of shares and limitations of liability.
Before joining Parke Lawyers, Robert worked at a Malaysian Civil Litigation firm where he assisted counsel in the Malaysian Airlines MH370 case in the Federal Court of Malaysia.